Prophet Chukwuemeka Ohanaemere better known as “Odumeje”, “Indaboski Bahose”, “The Lion Himself”, etc is one of Nigeria’s most controversial pastors. From criticisms to admiration, Odumeje has carved a niche in almost every Nigerian heart with his style of worship.
From acrobatic deliverances to secular dance, spraying dollar bills to controversial statements, Odumeje always has something for critics and admirers to talk about.
Whether you an admirer, critic or just curious to know more about the controversial prophet, News9naija brings to you Fun Facts About Odumeje
- Odumeje is the third of six children born to his parents
- Unlike what many people think, Odumeje is from Orsu in Imo State
- Odumeje celebrates his birthday on every September 9 (09/09)
- Odumeje attended Comprehensive Commercial College, Onitsha.
- Odumeje is an ardent soccer lover; his ambition has always been to play football before he eventually became a pastor.
- Odumeje worked as an apprentice to an animal skin retailer at Onitsha Main Market.
- Odumeje was a very stubborn boy troubling the Fegge Area of Onitsha before he got the revelation that he would be a prophet, the revelation came at the 19.
- Odumeje started his ministry by preaching and prophesying in his Neighborhood, a lot of people especially his former friends mocked him.
- He started as a member of the Catholic Charismatic Church before starting his own church
- Odumeje started Mountain of Holy Ghost And Intervention Church is the early 2000s.
- According to the Prophet, his mother is the bone of his success. It was his mother who gave him the initial money he used to start his ministry
- Odumeje also has a Doctorate degree from the University of Gregory in Utah, conferred on him by the state for his humanitarian work.
- Odumeje is married to Mrs Uju Ohanaemere from Ideato South in Imo State.
- His marriage is blessed with four children; two boys and two girls.
Of recent odumeje has been a social media sensation. He has trended on various social media platforms for different reasons.
Below are some reasons Odumeje trended;
=>Odumeje has great rapport with Nollywood celebrities which many considered as inappropriate for a man of God. Popular Nollywood celebrities like Zubby Michael, Yul Edochie has visited the controversial prophet.
Some Notable Nollywood celebrities that has visited Odumeje:
- Zubby Michael throws wads of cash with Odumeje during the latter’s birthday celebration in his church.
2. Yul Edochie Visited Odumeje at his church
3. Harry B visited Odumeje with Slim Brown where the duo performed their Hit track “Zamo” in church.
4. NollyWood Actress, Mercy Aigbe poses for photo with the prophet
5. Celebrity bartender, Pascal Chibuike Okechukwu popularly known as Cubana Chief Priest was also seen hailing the prophet during an instagram live session with Odumeje.
In video that went viral on various social media flatforms, Zubby Michael denied Odumeje being his pastor. According to the nollywood actor, claimed that the Odumeje was only his friend adding that during his housewarming party Odumeje sprayed him over N1 million in cash while he reciprocated the gesture by giving N500,000 during his birthday party.