Former governor of Anambra State, Mr Peter Obi has refuted the claims made by Gov. Obiano that he inherited 96 road projects from Peter Obi in 2014 when he came into power.
Reacting to the claim, Chief Joe-Martins Uzodike who was the commissioner for Information under Obi and Campaign Director General that brought Obiano into power in 2014 said it was only 52 roads and not 96 uncompleted road projects that was handed over to Obiano.
He went further to state that all the 52 uncompleted road projects were all paid for and that Obi was not owing any contractor as at the time he handed power over to gov Obiano.
Obiano had in a video posted by James Eze claimed that he inherited 96 uncompleted road projects from his predecessor and that he has completed about 51 out of the 96.
According to Joe-Martins, he stated that only about 5% of the 52 roads have been completed by gov Obiano.
He said: “I do not know why they decided to double the number, but my interest is to correct factual details.
“It is on record, and I have the records, that Obi inherited 13 roads from Ngige which he completed, went on to construct 230 completed roads and left 52 for Obiano, out of which I am aware he has not done up to 5%.
“Even at that, before he left, Obi paid all the contractors and suppliers for the certificates they generated, which means he did not owe a single contractor.
“If as the Director-General of his campaign in 2013, he could abandon the Nkolifia (Awka-Etiti)-St. Peter Clever-Abada Junction road that passed my house and remained less than 100 metres to complete, which road do you think he completed?”
On the claim that the roads Obiano inherited from Obi are liabilities, Uzodike said: “I have followed the debate on road, where they tried in vain to categorised roads yet to be done as liabilities.
“I am waiting to see how he will end, because, beyond their lies, Obiano has not completed up to 5% of the roads he inherited from Obi, has not evidently done 10% of the roads he flagged of himself in different towns and will surely not achieve 12% by the time he will hand over.
“The way it is now, there is hardly a town in the state that does not have a road flagged of without mobilisation or a trip of sand tipped on it.”
He went on to list the roads as follows:
1. Amansea – Ndiukwuenu – Okpeze- Amaeteiti- Awgbu Road Phase 1
2. Amansea – Ndiukwuenu – Okpeze- Amaeteiti- Awgbu Road and bridge
3. Amansea – Ndiukwuenu (Phase 1 & 2)
4. Reconstruction of Amawbia to Amansea Federal Road
5. Reconstruction of Onitsha – Atani-Osammala-Ogwuikpele road
6. Amansea-Ebenebe-Ugbenu-Ugbene-Awba Ofemili Road
7. Nkolifia(Awka-Etiti)-St. Peter Clever-Abada Junction road (remaining less than 100 meters)
8. Construction of Achina-Oneh- Agbudu- Ogboji
9. Atani – Ozubulu Roads Part 1 Km 0+000 -5+560
10. Reconstruction of Anambra State Integrated Livestock Farm Nkwelle Ezunaka
11. Reconstruction of Ichida-Azibgo-Amichi-Osumenyi-Akwaihedi Road
12. Extension of Ekwulobia – Nkpologwu – Akpo – Achina -Umuchu Road
13. Reconstruction of Isuofia – Umuona – Nanka Road with Spur.
14. Reconstruction of Aguluzigbo Roads
15. Construction of Ogboefere via Obodoukwu Junction by Onitsha
16. Reconstruction of Abube Square Nando- Afor – Igbariam(Additional Road Spur to Nkwo Nando Square)
17. Construction of Access Road to Civil Servants Housing Estate,Isiagu
18. Construction of Abba – Ifitedunu Road, Njikoka/Dunukofia LGA
19. Construction of Udeaja Junction- Affia Nkwo Market – Urezi Road, Ozubulu, Ekwusigo LGA
20. Reconstruction of Omor – Umumbo Road Ayamelum Local Government Area
21. Construction of Ozzu Umunachi Road
22. Construction of Ugwunwasike – Azu Ogbunike – Amawa – Osile – Ifite – Umueri – St Monica – College Road
23. Reonstruction of Access Road to AUSCO farms Ltd Agu – Awka
24. Construction of Nteje- Umunya Road
25. Reconstruction of Enugu/ Anambra State Boundary- Agu Awka Road
26. Construction of Jetty/ Roads within the Naval Base and Roads Between Atani Roads.
27. Reconstruction of Goodwill Road Okpuno Awka
28. Construction of Nnamdi Azikiwe Teaching Hospital Neni- Adazi Ani Road
29. . Bishop Okonkwo Road (Ichi) to Nkwo Edo Market and Emeka Okwuosa/Emeka Offor Road to St Michael Secondary School Ozubulu/ NAUTH Road Junction
30. Construction of Ideani-Uke- Umuoji Road and Bridge
31. Construction of Access Roads at the Greenwood City, Awka
32. Reconstruction of Bida Road and Okwei Street Onitsha24. Reconstruction of Umudioka to Ogbunike Cave Road with Spur to Girls Secondary School Umudioka (St. Kizito Girls Secondary)
33. Reconstruction of Ekwulobia Ezinifite Road
34. Reconstruction of Abube Square Nando – Afor Igbariam Road.
35. Construction of ABS Awka Road to Governors Lodge,Ring Road,Road Widening Parking Lot
36. Nkwo Market Square – Umuoji Micro Finance Bank Ekeagu Abatete Road
37. Construction of Okpuno – Urum – Amanuke – Achalla Road with spur to Paul University Science School
38. Asaba Express Road with spur to C.Uba Close Niger Bridge Head Industrial Layout Ogbaru
39. Construction of G.O. Ibekwe Road Off Kenneth Dike Library Okpuno
40. Construction of Onwurah – Ogechukwu Road Awka
41. Completion of St. Mary’s Uruagu Nnewi-Nkwo Edo Oraifite.
42. Mmili Ele through Ezekwuabo-St. Thomas with a spur Linking Lasalle Road to University Road/Police Station-Akabo Road with a spur to Eme Court Road
43. Idemili Market-Ikuku Road Junction / Madonna Church-St. Marys Church/St Marys-Idemeka/Old Obiaja Court To Igwe Ezekwem Road Nnokwa, Nwafor Ifite to Nnewi Road, Obodo Akpa-Dimukwu Ume Junction
44. Nnobi-Udide-Nnewichi Road/NEPA to Eke Umuafo/Nnobi Girls to Ebe Obodo Oha
45. Landers Guest-House Ichie-Igbobuenyi-Igwe Obibuenyi Union Bus Stop-Nkwo Nkwo Road
46. Amuko-Ezeogidi Road-Park Road-Muodile Road/Hillary Unachukwu Road-Anglican Girls – St. Mary Road-Osakwe Road-Ugedo Road
47. Construction of Ukpor – Umunuko – Nza Ozubulu Road
48. Construction of Igboukwu – Ekwulumili Road by Grand Star.
49. Construction of Oye Neni – Adazi Nnukwu – Akwaeze – Igboukwu Road
50. Completion of Esther Obiakor Dual Carriageway and spur to Stream, Awka.
51. Construction of Metu Road Nnewi
52. Extension of Ekwulobia – Nkpologwu – Akpo – Achina -Umuchu Road.